Gossamer Games is looking for a part-time community manager to organically grow an engaged online community and raise awareness for our upcoming puzzle adventure game Age of Alchemy: The Goldsmith's Daughter. As the team’s community manager, you will work alongside our small team to establish an online presence for the studio and project while remaining in constant communication with players/fans, local and international media contacts, and event organizers.
- Conducting market research evaluating successful community-building techniques for similar studios and projects
- Developing a communication strategy for audience development (determining target demographics, brand voice, and outreach timeline)
- Establish and maintain an online presence for Gossamer Games and Age of Alchemy across several social media platforms and within game-based message boards
- Create and maintain the Age of Alchemy website
- Generate media assets (such as vlogs, screenshots, podcasts, etc.) and written content (such as dev logs or press releases) for use across all platforms
- Employ and analyze online analytic tools to evaluate the efficacy of outreach initiatives
- Experience growing and engaging with online communities for a brand or media company
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience setting up and updating websites via online content management systems
- Comprehensive understanding of the Creative Cloud suite for various digital media creation
- Audio/Video recording and editing skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to shifting digital trends and best practices
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working in a small studio environment with minimal overhead management
- Ability to commute to our Philly office twice a week
- Comfortable on camera and speaking in interviews
- HTML/CSS web development experience
- Working knowledge of the Unity3D game engine
- Interest in game production and gameplay design
This is a part-time position (20h/week) paid hourly. The position is expected to run for 6 months (ending in Fall 2018) with the potential for additional work in later phases of development.
Applications will remain open until April 7, 2018 so don't delay!
*Please attach your resume and cover letter in the application email!