Gossamer Games is looking for a part-time Unity developer to work on the early prototype development of an original puzzle adventure game Age of Alchemy: The Goldsmith's Daughter. As the project's lead Unity developer, you will work on a proof of concept demo that illustrates core gameplay functionality and creative direction. Work completed in this initial phase of production will be further expanded upon in later phases of production.
- Design and implement new gameplay systems, reusable components, development tools, and documentation
- Build and maintain an organized codebase for a full-length 3D adventure game
- Work closely with artists to ensure 2D and 3D game assets are efficiently integrated into the project
- Design and implement responsive UI systems for multiple screen sizes and input methods
- Participate in creative meetings with Gossamer Games and The Science History Institute to create puzzle designs and gameplay interactions inspired by historical material
- 3+ years of Unity3D game development experience
- Ability to write clean, well-documented C# code
- Comprehensive understanding of the build and deployment process for Unity mobile projects
- Extensive experience with version control software
- Ability to communicate effectively and work quickly in a small studio environment
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working in an agile production environment with minimal overhead management
- Ability to commute to our Philly office twice a week
- At least 1 shipped professional project created in Unity3D
- Experience managing game productions
- Experience creating 3D PBR art assets
- Experience optimizing art and code for mobile platforms
- Experience scripting post processing visual effects and custom shaders
This is a part-time position (18h/week) paid hourly. The position is expected to run through the end of 2018 with the potential for additional work in later phases of development.
*Please attach your resume and a cover letter in the application email!